Disney Publishing Worldwide announced its Disney Epic Mickey App for viewing Disney Digicomics is now available for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch on the App store. The first Disney Digicomic available in the app is “Tales of Wasteland”, which comprise 6 eight-page short comic stories that take place in Wasteland, an alternate world made up of Disney’s forgotten creative efforts. Users get a preview of Wasteland and feature characters from the upcoming Disney Epic Mickey video game, including Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Walt Disney’s first cartoon star.
The Disney Epic Mickey App expands Disney Publishing’s growing library of originally created apps for iOS and marks the first Disney comic content developed specifically for digital release.
“Disney Publishing’s launch of this Digicomics app extends the storytelling experience of Disney Epic Mickey,” said Russell Hampton, president, Disney Publishing Worldwide. “We are proud to continue delivering the very best reading experiences to families around the world across all formats.”
Disney Epic Mickey App Highlights:
- Enjoy the Disney Digicomics on a double spread when using iPad
- Readers can choose between a guided reading experience in the landscape view or a portrait view that lets users flip and pan through the comics.
- Readers can view a map to discover more details about Wasteland and can read character bios
- The Disney Epic Mickey video game trailer is featured in the Digicomics
- The Disney Epic Mickey Digicomics App will be updated later this fall with new content, including a graphic novel and six motion comics.
Disney Epic Mickey is available from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. The first comic story, “Tales of Wasteland” is free and the additional five may be bought as a bundle for $2.99.