Marvel Social Media Fan Appreciation Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
Entrants must have access to the Internet and a Twitter® account as of the commencement of the Sweepstakes Period to enter this Sweepstakes.
The Marvel Social Media Fan Appreciation Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) are sponsored by Marvel Worldwide Inc., 135 W. 50th Street, New York, NY 10020 (“Sponsor”).
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes shall take place during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period starts on May 18, 2012 at 09:30 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 18, 2012 at 06:30 P.M. ET. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered only to legal United States residents in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Marvel Worldwide Inc., The Walt Disney Company, and any of their respective owners, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, franchisees, representatives, advertising, promotion and production agencies, agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: Each Entrant who retweets the Tweet® specified by Sponsor during the Sweepstakes Period and is otherwise qualified under these Official Rules will receive one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. Limited to one (1) entry per Twitter® account. Multiple retweets during the Sweepstakes Period will not be accepted. Anyone found using multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified.
4. RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS: On or about May 18, 2012, following expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select ten (10) Grand Prize Winners from among the eligible Entrants. The Entrants selected are deemed the Grand Prize Winners pending confirmation and/or verification of each Entrant’s eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules as determined by Sponsor.
5. GRAND PRIZE, ARV AND ODDS OF WINNING:
a. Grand Prize (10): Ten (10) Grand Prize Winners will win one (1) code (“Grand Prize Code”) redeemable for one (1) free annual subscription (“Subscription”) to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited (“MDCU”) that expires one year from receipt. MDCU service provides streaming access. System Requirements: Flash & Internet-connected (broadband recommended) PC or Mac, and a Marvel.com account. A Marvel.com account can be set up free of charge during the redemption process. For full MDCU terms and conditions, click here.
b. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
c. ARV: The total ARV of the Grand Prizes is $598.80 ($59.88/MDCU annual subscription). Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded.
6. HOW TO CLAIM A GRAND PRIZE: The ten (10) Grand Prize Winners will receive the Grand Prize Code via direct message on Twitter within three (3) business days of the Sweepstakes Period end date. If a Grand Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Grand Prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact a Grand Winner, the Grand Prize will be forfeited, and in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the forfeited Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate Grand Prize Winner. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternative Grand Prize Winner, Sponsor will select this alternative Grand Prize Winner at random from the eligible Entrants. The Grand Prize Winners may be required to furnish proof of eligibility under these Official Rules.
The right to receive a Grand Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of prize or force majeure. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility, including, any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
7. HOW TO REDEEM A GRAND PRIZE: To redeem the Grand Prize, please follow these steps: (i) visit http://marvel.com/digital_comics/unlimited; (ii) select the 1 Year subscription option from the drop down list and click “Subscribe Now!”; (iii) enter the Grand Prize Code into the “Promo Code” box under Step 1 and click “Apply Promo”; and (iv) complete Step 4 and click “Start Your Subscription”. Grand Prize Winners who redeem their Grand Prize Codes will not be automatically enrolled in the Marvel Digital Comics Automatic Renewal Program (“Renewal Program”). However, while Grand Prize Winners will have the option to enter payment information and enroll in the Renewal Program, enrollment in the Renewal Program and any payment are not conditions of acceptance of the Grand Prize.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) and Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail or direct message; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Twitter and Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Twitter and the Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Grand Prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry into the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the Grand Prize Winners, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
In no event will more Grand Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more Grand Prize Winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the Grand Prize Winners. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Twitter and Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for entries that are late, forged, destroyed, lost, misplaced, stolen, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled, or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such entries will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of Twitter, or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of Twitter and Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials, (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Grand Prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the websites or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access any Sweepstakes-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (q) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof),(r) the collection, use and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees or (s) any negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
9. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK. ENTRANT AND SPONSOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY ACTION ARISING FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
11. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Grand Prize, each Grand Prize Winner agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
12. GENERAL: Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation affected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in other Sweepstakes-related materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
13. WINNERS’ LIST. For a list of Grand Prize Winners, interested individuals should place their name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: 135 W. 50th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10020; Attn: Janna O’Shea. Winner List requests must be received no later than ninety (90) days after the Sweepstakes Period end date.
a. Sponsored by Marvel Worldwide Inc., 135 W. 50th Street, New York, NY 10020.
b. These Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with, Twitter. Each Entrant understands that he/she is providing his/her information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.
c. TM & © Marvel & Subs. Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter Inc.
Marvel Social Media Fan Appreciation Sweepstakes Abbreviated Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF MONEY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes Period starts on 5/18/12 at 09:30 AM ET and ends on 5/18/12 at 6:30 pm ET. Click on Official Rules for details on entry instructions, odds of winning, prize details, restrictions, etc. Open to eligible legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years or older and Twitter account holder at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor: Marvel Worldwide Inc., 135 W. 50th Street, New York, NY 10020. Subject to Official Rules.